Thursday, November 15, 2012

the war for drugs

I used to be pretty straight-edge.  Even refused to drink any alcohol, for a while there.  I had this idea that my mental faculties were of utmost importance, and that it would be foolish to do anything that might compromise that.  Life was my battlefield, and I had to be at my best, ready to fight whatever I had to.

Well, aside from being a rather narrow-minded view of intellectual prowess, all that fighting never really went all that well for me.  I certainly didn't win, in any case. I suppose that it depends on how you look at it, but for the most part, I've come to realize that I am who I am.  My life is what it is.  I was naive to think any of it mattered all that much.  Wait, that sounds terrible, doesn't it?  No, I don't think it really is.  It's just realistic.  It's about learning to relax so that I can appreciate life the way it is, in whatever ways I can.  Up to a point anyhow, but moderation isn't something I've ever had much trouble with.

So eventually, I came around to some more serious drug experimentation.  Hallucinogens, dissociatives, and THC, mostly.  I find myself wanting to talk about this stuff a lot, as aside from enjoying it, I find a lot of it fascinating.  but then it turns out, not only is there all this moronic stigma against it, there are even laws against it.  How ridiculous is that?

So, I've been watching the news, the controversy, the states trying to legalize it, and the federal government trying to do something about that.  People are saying that Obama has been cracking down even harder than his republican predecessors, but to me, it looks more like a natural escalation.  As more states push for legalization, it only makes sense that the government will do what it can to stop it, more and more, until it catches up and goes along with it.  It's just that this is going to take a while, and in some ways, it will likely get worse before it gets better.

I am getting really sick of arguing with nitwits on YouTube, though.  There's gotta be better ways to express myself.

No comments: