Tuesday, November 20, 2012

this is your brain.

I'd planned on going into some brief detail, like an outline of my entire life, from Syracuse to Montclair to Long Island to Pittsfield to Minneapolis.  Maybe even including some cursory mention of Georgia, Philadelphia, Cambridge, and New Orleans, pervaded with references to Manhattan of course, all the way up to landing here in Chicago.

I have trouble sitting still for very long, but apparently, so does my brain, because I seem to have lost my focus on all that.  Maybe I'll get back to it some other morning, when I feel like typing it up.

this is your brain on video games.

I used to play a lot of video games.  Lately, not so much anymore.  I still dabble, I still check out new releases all the time.. but I can't get into most of them.  Even when I do, it's very short lived.  Somehow, I still manage to find the focus to discuss them every day, though.  When I find myself unable to think about much of anything else, including what game I even want to play, I can always head over to some gaming forum, and rant about everything that's wrong in the gaming industry.

Honestly, I don't get that.  I'm sick to death of talking about it.  I barely even play them, lately.. but its like this groove of thought that's been so deeply embedded in my mind, I keep returning to it.

Maybe one of my major motivations in getting this blog going again is an attempt to get away from that.

1 comment:

fumigato said...

"When I find myself unable to think about much of anything else, including what game I even want to play, I can always head over to some gaming forum, and rant about everything that's wrong in the gaming industry."

For so many years I railed how isometric RPGs needed to make a comeback, and now I hope I never see another one (except the new Torment, perhaps).