Saturday, August 10, 2013

anyone got a life preserver?

So, yeah, I've been getting more depressed lately, haunted by a lot of the familiar hallmarks of a negative outlook.  The mere passage of time becomes an unbearably cruel trick of nature.  I want to blather on about the details and the mechanics of it all, but that's just the same old mistake I learned as a kid, seeing too many therapists, with this charlatan idea that talking was doing something about it.  Best I've ever felt in my life was taking martial arts, and I think that's largely because I was actually doing something.  Something that worked for me.

I really need to find something else to do.. but it's so hard.  I really thought I'd grow up and have a life someday, but it seems that this isn't meant to be.  I don't get to be a grown-up, with all the freedoms and independence that entails.  It's very depressing.  but I still need to do something.  Something other than play Civ5 all day.

Yeah, but who am I kidding.  I've never been able to do anything, in my entire failure of a life.  And this is the worst fucking city I've ever known.  That really isn't helping.

See? Kinda negative..

1 comment:

Gobble Gobble Gobbler said...

Run marathons
Fight crime
Salsa dancing! Yayayaya!
Competitive ballroom dancing
Go back to martial arts for fucks sake and work up to teaching then you'll have more community love than you can shake a calloused foot at.


What do they all have in common? Skin-tight apparel. Perhaps that would be a good place to start: one you are clad in a second skin all of the wonders of the world are open to you.