Sunday, April 5, 2015

a night of questions

Community is so important.  People need each other, and we thrive, when we welcome diversity, learning from a much greater spectrum of views.  I love how I can say a lot of this mythology is crap, without anyone telling me that this means I'm not really a Jew.  They might call me an asshole, but still.  A Jew.

No matter what I think of it all.  This is actually really important.

Yadda, yadda.. no, not even as a metaphor.  It doesn't even make for that great of a metaphor, no matter how you stretch it.  Better to just admit, it was largely the ramblings of primitive crazy people.

It was written at a time when people had a hell of a lot to learn, and questions were still a pretty new concept- but that's ok.  It's still interesting in an anthropological archaeological sort of way.  We can still celebrate it ..but no idea is infallible.  The less we question an idea, the more likely it is to be crap.

Like that past lives thing.  Don't take this the wrong way, but it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying, maybe making stuff up, and then going all, "who knows, it's possible" might not be the best approach to understanding the world around us.

Check out Cosmos or something.  Reality is still pretty damn impressive.  We don't need to salve our ignorance with make-believe, anymore.

This is why I don't talk much.  All too often, it's really for the best.

No comments: