Wednesday, June 10, 2015

psychopharmacosis

I've tried lots of SSRIs over the years.  As far as I'm concerned, they're all crap.  That's been my experience, and there's a substantial amount of evidence indicating that for most people[1], they don't do any good, while for almost everyone, they do some degree of harm.  Also known as
side-effects.

What the mental health industry peddles isn't any sort of actual treatment, so much as hope for the desperate.  We have no idea what's wrong with you, we have no idea how to help, we don't even really know a damn thing about how the brain works, but here, take this neurotoxin, it might fix everything.  You never know, and what have you got to lose?

Nothing.  I'm trying Zoloft again.  Maybe if this doesn't work, I'll look into getting a lobotomy, next.

No comments: