Sunday, October 18, 2015

good news, but..

I'm doing pretty well here, so far.  Getting one thing or another done, every day since I've been here.  Whether it's grocery shopping, or dealing with social security, or whatever.  Was doing a lot of walking at first, getting to know the area, getting into Burlington, but got my computer set up now, so sometimes I just settle for making phone calls.

Anyhow, I'm liking the place.  A nice mix of interesting, diverse, liberal, laid back, and affordable, in a nice chilly northern climate.  It seems like somewhere I might stay for a long time.  I can even see myself being happy here.  Kind of lonely, I don't really expect to meet anyone ever again, but fuck it.  I'm tired of giving a damn about that.

Bad news though, just being that I ran out of pot over a month ago, and I'm not sure what to do about it.  Maybe it will be legal after the 2016 elections, but I don't know.  If I don't figure something out soon, I might have to resort to growing my own again.  See, I haven't been posting much, I haven't been playing my guitar, I just haven't felt very creative in any respect.. and I've been drinking more.

I think NOT having cannabis is the gateway drug.  People start looking looking for other things to try.  DXM, painkillers, booze.. all so much worse, and far less likely to do a damn thing for creativity.

No comments: