Thursday, February 25, 2016

to whom it may concern

I haven't been blogging much lately, but that's not to say I haven't been posting.  I've taken to posting some pretty lengthy diatribes to Facebook instead.  Also, lots of comments.  This. of course, comes with some ups and downs.

I'm sure it annoys some people.  Some hate my opinions, while others simply hate anyone being so publicly opinionated.  I'm suspect others are indifferent, but confused as to why I bother.  A few actually seem to appreciate it though.  I even have random strangers following me, and commenting now and then, and that's kind of cool.

Essentially, I'm trying to be more interactive, more social, and Facebook allows me to do that, given that I can't, in the ways most others simply take for granted.  So, that's what I've been up to.  Where I've been doing most of my rambling.  Occasionally, I take a stab at Tweeting too, but find the character limit quite a challenge.  The sort of challenge I don't entirely see the point of.

I tend to be more verbose for a reason.  Lots of reasons.  Which take lots of explaining.  That anyone reads it at all is appreciated, but it's really more about the effort, the practice of opening myself up to the world.  I figure I should try doing more of that, while I have the chance.

As posted recently, along with a Hitchens quote about never being "a spectator of unfairness or stupidity," if anyone feels they have something to say, it's important to give it your best shot.  The worst that can happen isn't as bad as what happens if you don't.

Anyhow, though.. doing more of that, seems to mean doing less of this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to do this right.

I wanted to say thank you. But I don't like how 'thank you' sounds, I don't think it's fitting, it seems to trivialise what you have done here, your situation, and the impact that has had on me.

So, I'll try and be honest instead. I happened to stumble upon you, which is an understatement because I don't randomly click on people, and then randomly check out their blog and then proceed to read the entire thing, which I have just finished doing. Words may be a crude, subjective means of communicating, but that's all we have. I empathise tremendously with just about everything you've written, even though, in terms of mental wellbeing I am not as incapacitated as you evidently are. But what blows my mind is how familiar your ideas, wonderings, interests and concerns are. Not just the stance you take, but the way you get there, the way you seem to view existence. I've never seen anything like this.

The sheer improbability of this is moving.

I apologise if any of this is intrusive.

Anonymous said...

I agree with this persons comment 100%.