Wednesday, July 13, 2016

two out of three, maybe?

Spoke too soon on those mycelium pins.  It's not looking good.  It's been a few years since my last foray into amateur mycology, and I felt like I was winging it a little too loosely, trying to remember everything.  I was impatient, I was lazy, I was cheap, I think I need to start over.  Take another two months, maybe get it right next time.

Trying to stay positive about it, but you know.  Fuck.  Now, I'm thinking of trying to grow psychotria viridis, too.  Have to research how realistic that would be.  Tropical plant, might need a whole terrarium setup and a crazy amount of patience to get the conditions for it to work out.. but I just spent two months watching mold grow, for nothing.  We all need hobbies, right?

I've spent the past few days with my family, trying to be social, doing stuff.  Outside my apartment and everything.  It's fucking exhausting.  I feel like writing, but I don't really know what else to say.  My mom is going back to Florida tomorrow morning, but I had to bail on the socializing early (yes, even socializing with my mom is difficult for me)

We'll have breakfast tomorrow before her flight, but in the meantime, I think I'm just going to drink myself into a stupor.

I am so looking forward to having something other than alcohol to play with.

No comments: