Thursday, June 8, 2017

i don't love america

Ok.  Serious question.  Can I just fucking leave?  Maybe if I lived in a country where working wasn't quite so awful, I might even be able to handle giving it a shot.  Maybe I don't know what real poverty means, but I don't know, maybe it would be a huge improvement, even living in a dirt poor village where people actually cared about each other.
Unless there's a drought or something, I'd probably even eat better.

See, I was not aware that such places actually exist.  In America we're taught that everywhere else is worse.  Most go their whole lives believing that.  Sure, universal healthcare and education, but that's just, I don't know.  America is just lagging behind in a few areas, right?  I'm starting to think the problem might go a lot deeper.  I'm afraid Americans might just be ignorant self-centered assholes.  That's hardly even a controversial thing to say.

I should find somewhere else to go.  Like the rest of the world, just hoping it's not somewhere with leaders the US wants to overthrow or bomb.  As I type this, I'm in the middle of watching Michael Moore's "Where to Invade Next."  I'm afraid I might be too damaged, though.  I don't share Moore's optimism anymore.  I have to be pretty stoned to even consider it.

When America sends its people, they're not sending their best.

No comments: